Linguapax Asia Is…
Linguapax Asia works in partnership with Linguapax International, a non-governmental organization formerly affiliated with UNESCO and located in Barcelona, Spain. In its role as the Asian associate, Linguapax Asia carries out the objectives of both Linguapax International and UNESCO’s Linguapax Project with a special focus on Asia and the Pacific Rim. These objectives are:
- Promoting bilingual and multilingual education
- Elaborating new approaches to language instruction that facilitate intercultural understanding
- Fostering respect of linguistic diversity and linguistic heritage
- Supporting initiatives to preserve and revitalize endangered languages
- Raising awareness of the links between language, identity, human rights, and the quest for peace
Participation in Linguapax Asia activities is open to the general public as well as to those engaged in academic research.